I am always on the lookout for more land to detect within 15 miles or so of Redditch in NE Worcestershire. I am a member of the National Council for Metal Detecting (with £10m of public liability insurance for detecting) and am happy to detect on either pasture or arable.
In respect of land on which I am permitted to detect I will:
- Respect your property, crops and livestock.
- Only detect where you say I can and won’t where you say I can’t.
- Dig holes carefully, remove any rubbish and reinstate the holes neatly.
- Agree with you what finds I can keep, what finds you want to see and what you are happy to have recorded under the Portable Antiquities Scheme (PAS).
- Advise in respect of any treasure or potential treasure finds and liaise with the appropriate authorities.
- Not bring any other detectorist onto the land without your express permission.
If you have land which may be available for detecting, please contact me to discuss the possibilities.